The Coalition of Graduate Workers (CGW) is a graduate employee union for graduate assistants at the University of Missouri-Columbia. It is affiliated with the Missouri National Education Association and the National Education Association. CGW works to ensure all graduate employees have dignified working conditions and just compensation for their labor. CGW also works for social justice and equity in the University of Missouri and Columbia communities.
CGW arose out of the grassroots graduate student rights movement created by the MU health insurance crisis of August 2015. CGW originally acted as the Organizing Committee of the Forum on Graduate Rights (FGR); upon our affiliation with MNEA, we became an independent union local. One of our primary goals is to secure a collectively bargained contract that prevents future crises, and guarantees competitive wages and benefits for graduate employees.
CGW’s 2016-17 Coordinating Committee:
- Chair: Eric Scott and Sarah Senff
- Outreach Officer: Joseph Moore
- Corresponding and Recording Officer: Sarah Lirley-McCune
- Financial Officer: Eric Rowse
- Organizing and Grievance Officer: Simona Perales Simkins
- Diversity Officer: Julien Grayer
- International Student Affairs Officer: Mikkel Christensen
CGW’s 2016-17 Committee Chairs:
- Political Advocacy & Action Board: Megan Koch-Schraedley
The 2016-17 Head Representative of the Representative Assembly is Zach Rubin.
Please consider donating to CGW using the button below. All donations go towards the work of advocating for graduate employees at the University of Missouri. No donations will be used for political purposes or contributions.