The Coalition of Graduate Workers will be holding the first General Membership Assembly (GA) of the 2018-2019 school year on September 15th at 1:00 PM in Swallow Hall room 101.
We have to adopt a new constitution to govern the union so this is an important meeting to attend!
All members can and are encouraged to attend. You can even join CGW at the meeting and attend with full voting rights. Snacks and beverages will be provided.
You can find the full agenda for the GA here.
This GA will be both informative with pressing issues, and productive:
- We hope to have two visitors from MNEA explain:
- A new state law which has major ramifications on how public sector unions function, organize, and bargain, and why we have to adopt a constitution.
- the appeals process for our lawsuit against the university.
- We will also be reviewing and adopting our new Constitution and revised Bylaws which can be viewed through the link.
- Due to HB1413 all public sector unions have to adopt a constitution, therefore we had to reorganize our Bylaws into a Constitution and Bylaws. All bold red sections are new additions or a change in wording. Otherwise, only the order of the sections has changed.
- We will also be working on forming important committees.
We won the lawsuit! Now we continue to work and continue to win! To that end, we need to organize so please come to this important GA.
One thought on “First General Membership Meeting”
Please call me about my TV interview request for KRCG 13 News at 573-808-3613. I understand Michael Vierling is my best contact.