A Policy Establishing Rules for Observer Status at Representative Assembly Meetings.
The following rules shall apply to the Representative Assembly meetings:
- All general assembly members in good standing are granted automatic non-speaking observer status at representative assembly meetings.
- In keeping with CGW’s commitment to supporting graduate student families, all children and dependents of General Assembly members in good standing shall be granted automatic non-speaking observer status.
- MNEA and NEA staff shall be granted automatic observer status.
- Individual representatives may use their annual block to revoke the observer status of one individual observer for a single meeting.
- Non-speaking observers may be granted speaking status at the discretion of the Head Representative.
- Observers are not allowed to participate in the consensus decision-making process.
- Individuals granted observer status may have this observer status revoked, for a period of time determined by the body, on consensus of the RA.
The Rules Committee.
APPROVED BY THE REPRESENTATIVE ASSEMBLY, FEBRUARY 14, 2018.